Christian Life gives us the advantage of having the ability of having the mind of Christ. This means to have his mind you will be able to operate in His will being able to please God. Having His mind, will change our lives and character to reflect His glory!
If every Pastor would change their minds to throw away all the perverse bibles and return to the use of the King James Versions of the Word; the Church could quickly return to the basics of Christianity with Jesus as the center of the Church. You simply cannot have the mind of Christ if you have been blinded by these paraphrased, perverse bibles, throw them away. I believe the Mind of Christ is one of the most essential and misunderstood elements of the Christian life. The very basis of pleasing God is serving Jesus and living in the power of His Word.
The Apostle Paul challenged the Philippian’s Church to search for comfort in the Spirit and to fulfill His joy by being of one mind with God.
- Philippians 2:2, –Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
- [Fulfill ye my joy] Ye ought to complete my joy, who have suffered so much to bring you into the possession of these blessings, by being like-minded with myself, having the same love to God, his cause, and me, as I have to him, his cause, and you.
- [Being of one accord] Being perfectly agreed in laboring to promote the honor of your Master; and of one mind, being constantly intent upon this great subject; keeping your eye fixed upon it in all you say,
- Everyone have “is intent on one purpose.”
- “What was the purpose that Paul was referring to?
- “Let nothing be done through strife or vain glory (self conceit); but in lowliness of mind let each (one) esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.” (vs.4)
Believers should have a concern for others of the Christian Church; turning from being busybodies o to mind other people’s business, but rather to encourage a sincere desire for the well-being of all God’s people. We must humble ourselves, not allowing strife or selfish conceit to have place among us.
Heb. 12:15, –“Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;”KJV
A Christian cannot receive the grace of God for another; each of us is responsible to make known to unbelievers to understand God’s grace when it seems to out of their reach. When hope is lost, it leads to bitterness which then leads to defilement. Therefore, we must become more evangelistic and present the grace of God. God’s grace is available to you in every situation you may face rekindles hope. Discouragement and despair gives way to faith and anticipation because God cares. Placing Jesus at the center of your life is when hope is realized. It is into this context that Paul writes, “Let this mind be in you which is also in Christ Jesus,” Phil. 2:3. Having the mind of Christ is not something you possessed. Christ’s mind possesses you! You do not “put on” rather you “let His mind” come forth within you. His mind and attitudes are evident in the lives of His followers who read and study His Word.