“Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body,” (1 Cor. 6:18).
The Apostle Paul gave us hope concerning besetting sins like the sexual sins we have been discussing. He gives us principles in Romans 6 that can help us achieve victory if we apply them to our lives.
- The Fact (Rom. 6:6)Christ has made it possible for us not to be slaves to sin. He gave His life that we might have victory.
- The Faith Principle (Rom. 6:11). We have to decide we are going to die to the sin and begin counting ourselves dead to sin from this moment on no matter what temptation comes along. This act can be done in faith.
- The Obedience Principle (Rom. 6:13). Stop offering the parts of your body to the sin, as instruments of wickedness! Get rid of the pornography, don’t visit porno sites, stop looking at people’s bodies and look at their faces and see them as people whom God loves.
- The Promise (Rom. 6:14). If you will follow the above principles, sin shall not be your master. This is a promise from God’s word which is there to be claimed.
- The Warning (Rom. 6:16). Your choices determine whom you are going to serve. Go and sin no more. The Lord will give you the grace and strength to claim victory.
Jesus is not going to twist your arm. The Christian has to begin taking responsibility for their life and the lives you are affecting because of personal sin. These principles work because we have seen them work over and over in our local ministry. Pray for your heart to be truly repentant of your sexual sins and confess your sexual sins to the Lord and then renounce them once and for all. Make a covenant with the Lord, in faith, to walk in the new life He has given you, and die to the old life.