Winning the Battle
New Age Prophetess, Theosophist, Alice Bailey, said in her books that the next Great War would be in the field of world religions. She stated that the goals of the so-called new “Christ” included restructuring Christianity and abolishing Orthodox Judaism. The precise nature of this planned conflict may be gleaned from Alice Bailey’s writings:
“Years ago I said that the war which may follow this one would be waged in the field of the world religions.” Bailey said, “This war would not be one of external carnage and blood but it would be fought largely with mental weapons and in the world of thought; it will involve also the emotional realm, according to idealistic fanaticism. This inherent fanaticism (found in every reactionary group) will fight against the appearance of the coming world religion and the spread of esotericism (occult). For this struggle, certain of the well-organized churches through their conservative elements (their most powerful elements), are already girding themselves . . . Fanaticism, entrenched theological positions, and materialistic selfishness will be found actively organized in the churches in all continents and of all denominations. They can be expected to fight for the established ecclesiastical order, their material profit and their temporal rule, and already are making the needed preparation.”
Bailey goes onto say, “The coming struggles will emerge within the churches themselves; it will also be precipitated by:
- The enlightened elements that exist in fair numbers already.
- And are rapidly growing in strength through the impact of human necessity.
- The filth will spread to thinking men and women everywhere who in a protesting revolt have denied orthodox Christianity and
Notice the battle plans. The field of battle is in the mental and emotional realm. In the same book, Alice Bailey states three planned activities of the “New Age Christ,” one of which concludes:
- “The reorganization of the world religions if in any way possible so that their out-of-date theologies
- their narrow-minded emphasis and the ridiculous belief that they know what is in the Mind of God may be offset in order that the churches may eventually be the recipients of spiritual inspiration.”
- Bailey is talking about a total restructuring of the Christian faith by changing it from God-centered too self-centered! Paul emphasizes this danger to the Church in his farewell talk to the elders of the Ephesians Church (Acts 20: 17-35). The Church today desperately needs to recognize this danger as the crisis we face.
“For I know this,” Paul declares, “that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you not sparing the flock. Also, of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things to draw away disciples after them” (vs. 29, 30).
The Great deception is springing from the tares growing along a side the wheat in the Church. When wheat grows, the tares are indistinguishable until before the bloom. One has to be knowledgeable to discern the difference. The Holy Spirit will lead us into all truth if we are yielded to Him and His Word!