Deliverance from Sin
Disobedience or obedience to God’s law.
“And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth: 2 And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God,” (Deut 28:1-2).
- Blessing or curses in a Person’s life.
- God said to him in Genesis.
“That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the ate of his enemies; And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice,” (Gen. 22:17-18).
The cause for Abraham’s blessing was that he heard and obeyed the voice of God.
- The basic cause for curses is stated in (Deut. 28:15). “But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day, that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee. . . .”
Therefore, the root cause of all curses is not hearing and not obeying God’s Word.
- Notice that both curses and blessings “overtake” us.
- We do not really have to chase them.
- We must fulfill the conditions, either positive or negative.
- If we do the positive requirement: The blessings overtake us.