Lordship of Christ
“There shall no plague come nigh thy dwelling,” (Exod. 30:12).
God can and will protect us physically, as well as spiritually, under all circumstances.
Biblical healing does not pertain to:
- New Age healing
- Christian Science.
- Natural or New Thought philosophy.
- Therapies or medications.
- Mental suggestion.
Supernatural healing of disease and infirmities without natural means by the spirit of God; the Christian ministry should duplicate Jesus Christ’s work!
“And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people,” (Matt. 4:23).
Preach the gospel to the poor!
- “Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him, ” (Jam. 2:5).
- To heal the brokenhearted!
- “The spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound,” (Isa. 61:1).
- “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor, me to heal the deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,” (Lk. 4:18).
Healing means curing or restoring to a sound and healthy condition.
- And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee,” (Exod. 15:26).
It is noteworthy that the Greek Word for Savior, Soteria may also be rendered Healer. Jesus saw Himself functioning as both Healer and Saviour in His assertions that His power over disease is evidence of His power to forgive sins. (for example, see Mk. 2: 1-12). Jesus also announced the reason for His appearance in (Luke 4:18).
“The Spirit of the Lord is upon, because he hath anointed me to preach the Gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted to preach deliverance to the captives; and recovering of sight to the blind to set at liberty them that are bruised.”